Hello Lovelies! I am Ekene Patience, a certified beauty consultant and a photo model in The Netherlands. I have a strong passion for beauty, Make-up and style! Please follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (Ekene Patience) for Daily Updates on Style and inspiration!
I have been modelling for more than 10 years now, Modelling has been one of my greatest passion.
There are different types of models, casual models, sports, big size, glamour and so on.
I have decided to share this few tips with you beauties, aspiring to be a model!
1. Know yourself and your strengths. It’s very important to know what you’re able to do and what you want to do as a model. Many models end up working as models accidentally or by chance, while others work hard to become models. In either case, it’s good to be aware of what it takes to work as a professional model. You can always try out modeling schools or classes where they teach you everything from how to pose to being more confident.
2. Decide what type of modeling you would like to do. There are many different kinds of modeling that you can do as a model, and that’s why it’s advisable to have a sense of direction as to where you want to take your career as a model and where you think your strengths lie.
3. Take some photos of yourself and build a portfolio. Look for a professional photographer to ensure good quality photos. In case you cannot afford to pay a professional photographer to take your photos, ask someone you know to take some good and clear head and body shots.
4. Look for a modeling agency. Search online and select the agencies that you think match the type of modeling you are looking to do. If you are still unsure as to what type of modeling appeals to you the most, you can still contact an agency. They are very ready to help aspiring models who are in need of direction with their careers and want to learn how to model. Remember to only choose legitimate agencies.
5. Visit an agency. Contact the agency either by telephone or by email and make an appointment to see them in person. Remember that first impressions are very important, so always aim to look your best and be prepared for any questions they might have for you.